Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fitness Tip of the Week: Work out all day

As you move through your day, always be on the lookout for ways to burn calories:
  • As you walk down the street or the hall, flex your core muscles (abs, obliques, back).
  • When sitting at your desk or in your car, flex your glutes (largest muscles mass on the body) and/or pelvic floor (known as Kegels to you Lamaze students).
  • Bend with your knees (this prevents back injury and works the quads).
  • Park in the back of the parking lot.
  • Take the stairs.
  • Go home for a 'nooner' ; )

1 comment:

Reena Bostock said...

Great ideas, but if I flex my core muscles as I walk I look as though I have a board up my ass or I'm holding in gas. IT's not very attractive so I'll skip that exercise and do some extra nooners! (Craig would like that)