Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fitness Tip

Don't dive into cold water with overworked muscles.

I found this out the hard way last weekend. A couple of friends and I hiked in about 7 miles to an alpine lake. Prior to this, I was sedentary for about three weeks due to having minor surgery. It was a beautiful day and when the fish weren't biting, we decided to go for a swim. I swam out to an island and felt great until I started back.... Both my calves completely knotted up and I had to flail back to shore using only my arms. The hike out was excruciating and I'm still sore.
The only way I'll ever sign on for a triathlon is if it involves a heated pool.

3 comments:

Reena Bostock said...

Sorry I laughed at this post! Too funny!!!

Reena Bostock said...

I actually got on to see if you posted any comments on President Clintons visit to North Korea?

Camille Rochelle said...

Owwwyyyy, that sucks, glad you didn't drowned! I like your new main pic, haven't been in here for a while. :)

Oh ya and your mom is here...she said "oh my poor baby" LOL..awe to be the favorite, you have the life little brother!