Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Results - Predictions

I know you are maybe tired of my ranting about the election, but of course that is the only thing on my mind today. I too am weary of this long, drawn-out process, but I am digging deep and forcing myself to stay excited through tomorrow night. Cindy said she was getting nervous about the outcome last night, so I am going to attempt to allay her fears. Now, despite McCain's delusions, this election is wrapped up and I'm going to have the audacity to tell you by how much Obama is going to win:

Obama will get 54% of the popular vote and 370 (out of 538) electoral votes. This, ladies and gentlemen, will be a clear mandate from the American people (not like that fake mandate of Bush's 4 years ago).

What am I basing this on? I think that every contest that is close will go to the Democrats because when it comes down to it, more undecided voters will conclude they have no choice but to hope for a better tomorrow and vote Obama because the alternative is stagnation. A McCain-Palin administration would get nothing done because our 'donkey' congress would fight them every step of the way. That means the current George Bush 'keep digging when you're in a hole' policies will remain in place.

Also, I think we are going to have a record turnout of 18-25 year-olds voting democratic, and many of them are not being included in the polls we are seeing. Watching the country slowly turn blue on the election maps gives me goosebumps.
CO and NV were battleground states-they now favor Obama. McCain's home state of AZ is no longer a GOP lock. Even UT, where a month ago 64% were voting for McCain, now only 54% want McCain (I'm so proud). Their 5 electoral votes will end up going for the Republicans, as will AK's 3 votes. But, even if you are a democrat living in a red state (or vice versa), go out and vote so that we can send a message that we care about the process and want a voice. Tomorrow, we need much more than half of Americans to provide their opinion on this historic day.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

oooohhhhh
I am proud of Utah too!!!

Camille Rochelle said...

Linds I agree and think you are right on! Saw Michelle Obama speak today, she will be such an amazing first lady! Oh but sad day since he lost his Grandma, very bitter sweet. :( We are not sick of your posts, I know it is all I can think about too! :)

Reena Bostock said...

I'm with Cindy...I'm a bit nervous! I'm heading out right now to stand in a 4 hour line with two kids to place my vote. I'm so excited! Wish me luck! (with the kids that is!)

Reena Bostock said...

VICTORY is ours!!!!