Friday, October 17, 2008

Vote Early, Vote Often

I found out that 50% of my audience is clamoring for my thoughts on the final debate, so I will indulge her. I enjoyed the format of the last debate more than the others. The fact that they were sitting across from each other and allowed to respond directly to comments made for a lively interaction. At first it almost seemed as if Obama was tired-literally worn out from getting his message across for 20 grueling months. But then I realized he was just comfortable, cool, at ease...presidential. The debate was won by Obama because he was speaking to swing voters-people who are struggling financially and need some good news. McCain was speaking to his base-people who would vote Republican even if the candidate had sex with an underage page in an airport bathroom shortly after declaring unilateral war against a stable nation because his running mate needed to pay off some political favors with defense contracts! Sorry...got a little worked up there, but my point is that McCain is not persuading anyone who is on the fence.
The candidates both came across well at last night's Alfred Smith dinner. It was nice to see there was no ugly mudslinging, just humor. With that last meeting together out of the way and no horrible gaffes, we can finally breath easy. Early voting starts tomorrow in my state; I say let's get this thing over with. Let's put McCain out of his misery before Nov 4th. Let's face it, I was right-Obama is going to win and it's going to be a landslide. Woo-HOO!
P.S.- Does anyone know how to make an animation morphing Pres. Bush into a mallard with a broken leg?

2 comments:

Reena Bostock said...

Love you insight! Thanks.

Camille Rochelle said...

I agree that Obama started out as if he was tired, but I'm getting used to his even tempered, calm nature and it is reassuring! LOL at the morphing pres bush, try fantamorph.com :)